2011年10月22日雅思G类写作预测的整体趋势：大作文写作重点是妇女问题，犯罪,城市扩张, 交通问题，老年人问题,网络科技，传统技术保护,政府投资医疗社会福利,空中旅游，食品,教育,年青人问题，媒体，语言学习，旅游，全球化,文化, 动物保护，社会经济工作问题,科技，城乡差别,艺术，节假日休闲，家庭生活等话题，要求同学们多准备这方面的词汇和句型。
1. Sports are very popular in today's society. Some people believe, "Winning is the only thing." Others believe, “It’s not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game."What is your opinion?
2. Some people say that governments should pay for the public health care and education, while others say that it is not the government’s responsibility. Please discuss both views and give your own opinion.或Some children in rural places cannot have good schools and medical facilities. To improve this situation, some people suggest that new teachers and doctors should be sent to rural places for several years. Others, however, believe every one has the free right to choose where to work. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. In many countries，the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend make positive or negative effects to society?
或 Some people believe that in order to give opportunities to new generation companies should encourage high level employees who are older than 55 to retire. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons and personal experience.
4. Since cities have changed a lot, the size of the cities has grown enormously. Discuss the causes and consequence of the enormous size of cities.
5. Young people are important resources to their country, but governments may ignore some problems faced by young people in running the country. Please show those problems and give your ideal suggestions to solve them.
6. Some people prefer to do the same job in the same place, but others prefer to change jobs frequently. You should use specific reasons to compare the advantages and disadvantages of both sides./ People spend more and more time at their work place and don’t spend enough time with family and friends. Why is this happening? What consequences can this have for the family life and society?
7. A balanced diet, or eating balanced meals, is the key to a healthy life. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
8. Wild animals have no place in the 21st century. Some people think that preventing these wild animals from dying out is a waste of resource. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion.
9. Some people say the popularity of English and tourism will harm the minorities and minor languages, To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. /Globalization will inevitablely lead to the loss of a variety of languages and cultures.Give reasons and solutions.
10.In many countries traditional foods are being replaced by international fast foods. Some people think that there are negative effects on both family and the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. As technology develops, more shopping and business is done through the internet while communication face to face becomes less frequent. Is this a positive or a negative development?
12. In the past people thought that education was only for young people. Now it is believed that education is for a person's whole life. Do you agree? State with you own experience and specific details.
13. Sending criminals to the prison is not the best method of dealing with them. Education and job training are better ways to help them. Do you agree or disagree?
14. Some people believe that the personal happiness is directly related with the economic success. Others argue that the happiness depends on completely other factors. Discuss both of the views and give your own opinion
15. Some reports have discovered the incidence of violence /crimes commited by young women is increasing. Give possible reasons and and recommendations to the situation.
16.In many countries, more and more young people are leaving school and unable to find jobs after graduation. What problems do you think youth unemployment will cause to the individual and the society? Give reasons and make some suggestions.
17.Some people think that examinations have some bad effects on both students and teachers. Some people say they do a good job in the evaluation of the students’ performance. What is your opinion?
18. Damage to environment is an inevitable consequence of the improvement in the standard of living. To what degree do you agree or disagree to this position?
19.Some people think that children of different abilities should be educated together. Other people think that it’s better to teach the intelligent children separately and with special treatment. What do you think?use your own ideas of knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence.
20.In order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the cultures and lifestyles of the people who speak it.To what extent do you agree or disagree?/ Some people think that machine translation is highly developed in today’s society. Therefore it is not necessary for children to learn a foreign language. What’s your opinion?
21. Should governments spend money on art, when they have so many other important issues and concerns? You should use your own ideas of knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence.
22. Creative artists should be given freedom to express their ideas (words, pictures, music and films. However some people think government should take some restriction with them. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give your reasons with own knowledge and give examples.
23. It is often said that the subjects taught in schools are too academic in orientation and that it would be more useful for children to learn about practical matters such as home management, work and interpersonal skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
24. The development of science and technology benefit our life. However, scientists cannot find effective solutions to the problems they created. To what degree do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
25. A lot of countries have schools that focus only on the males or females. What are the advantages and disadvantages of unisexual schools?
26.When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
27.Some people say that children should be disciplined in their early age, and punishment should be used. To some extent do you agree? What kind of punishment can be used by teachers and parents?
28. Many families are having fewer children. Having even just one child can have a dramatic impact on the parents' lives. Write about this impact in about 250 words. You can discuss the negative impact, the positive impact, or both.
29. “The media plays a valuable role in keeping us informed and entertained. However, many people believe it has too much power and freedom.” Discuss your views on this, giving examples and presenting a balanced argument both in favor of, and against, the power and freedom of the media.
30. More and more women go out to work. Is it the government’s responsibility to subsidize them and provide free staff and facilities to care for their children? To what extent do you agree or disagree to this idea?